My Favorite WordPress Plugins
Here are some of my favorite Word Press plugins.
Just copy and paste the name into the plugin’s search box in your administrator panel.
- Add This Social Bookmarking Widget – Help your visitor promote your site! The AddThis Social Bookmarking Widget allows any visitor to bookmark your site easily with many popular services. Sign up for an AddThis.com account to see how your visitors are sharing your content–which services they’re using for sharing, which content is shared the most, and more. It’s all free–even the pretty charts and graphs.
- All in One Adsense and YPN – Insert Adsense or YPN code into your blog posts. Ad positions can be random or pre-defined.
- AdSense Integrator – AdSense Integrator plugin represents a complete, simple, and powerful solution to add and manage AdSense and other ads in your blog
- Fast Secure Contact Form – Fast Secure Contact Form for WordPress. The contact form lets your visitors send you a quick E-mail message. Super customizable with a multi-form feature, optional extra fields, and an option to redirect visitors to any URL after the message is sent. Includes CAPTCHA and Akismet support to block all common spammer tactics. Spam is no longer a problem.
- Find and replace – Lets you find and replace pages and posts with a GUI.
- GD Star Rating – GD Star Rating plugin allows you to set up an advanced rating and review system for posts, pages, and comments in your blog using single, multi, and thumbs ratings.
- My Brand Login – Customize Your Login, Registration, Lost Password and SOME Features of the Admin Panel. Visit the My Brand Login Site For More Info, or Here For Support.
- NextGEN Gallery – A NextGENeration Photo Gallery for WordPress
- Post Randomizer – It will automatically randomize the displayed post on your homepage and on the feed. It will be useful for a site or blog that is not updated daily so when the visitor comes stopping by your homepage; he/she won’t see the same posts or content twice. I hope it will help you keep your blog rank when you don’t have time to manage it.
- Post Snippets – Stores snippets of HTML code or reoccurring text that you often use in your posts. You can use predefined variables to replace parts of the snippet on insert. All snippets are available in the post editor with a TinyMCE button or Quicktags.
- Promotion Slider – This plugin creates a special post type called ‘Promotions’ that it uses to populate the carousel. Just use the shortcode [promoslider] to display the slider on your site. Be sure to check the user guide for more information on what this plugin can really do!
- SEO Ultimate – This all-in-one SEO plugin gives you control over title tags, noindex/nofollow, meta tags, rich snippets, slugs, canonical tags, auto links, 404 errors, rich snippets, and more.
- Special Recent Posts – A very simple but powerful plugin/widget to display your latest posts with thumbnails. You can switch between different display modes and customize several options to suite your needs. To get started: 1) Click the “Activate” link to the left of this description, 2) Go to the Special Recent Post setting page and configure the plugin, 3) Go to the Widget page and drag the ‘Special Recent Posts’ widget onto your sidebar and configure its settings, 4) If you wish to use PHP code, use the special_recent_posts() function provided. If you prefer shortcodes, use the [srp] shortcode inside any of your posts/pages. Check the documentation or readme.txt file for further details. 5) Enjoy.
- SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam – Adds CAPTCHA anti-spam methods to WordPress on the comment form, registration form, login, or all. This prevents spam from automated bots. Also, are WPMU and BuddyPress compatible.
- Simple Social – Sharing Widgets & Icons – Adds a set of social sharing widgets & icons after each post.
- Simple Twitter Widget – A simple but powerful widget to display updates from a Twitter feed. Configurable, reliable, and with advanced caching.
- TinyMCE Advanced – Enables advanced features and plugins in TinyMCE, the visual editor in WordPress.
- Twitter Follow Me Box – Creates a box “follow me” Twitter without touching the template.
- WP-Table Reloaded – This plugin allows you to create and easily manage tables in the admin area of WordPress. A comfortable backend allows easy manipulation of table data. You can then include the tables in your posts, on your pages, or in text widgets by using a shortcode or a template tag function. Tables can be imported and exported from/to CSV, XML, and HTML.
- WP From Email – Override the default ‘WordPress <email@example.com>’ from the name and email address
- WordPress.com Stats – Tracks views, post/page views, referrers, and clicks. Requires a WordPress.com API key.
- WP e-Commerce Plugin – A plugin that provides a WordPress Shopping Cart.